What does the word Sonder mean and how do we use it in our English Vocabulary?
Let us first take a look at the Webster Dictionary meaning of Sonder and go from there. Sonder: 1. The realization that each passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own–populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines worries, and inherited craziness-2. an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an ant hill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear in only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic, passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk
Daily Wisdom Word Definition-1. The idea that our one existence as an individual is not dynamic in the way that we are living. There are many other people living the same kind of life. 2. The idea that our life is not as important when you look at the overall scheme of things.
How do we use sonder in a sentence? Well, since it is a noun, we could say something like this: “My life seems less meaningful when I realize the sonder in this world.”
We want to expand our vocabulary to be the best Poets we can be so it is very important to challenge ourselves with new words and new definitions to write the most in depth Poetry possible.
To think of the meaning of sonder in a way, makes us feel small. We almost feel like an ant living with other ants on this planet. There are billions of human beings on this earth, and we are just one of them. Think about the last time you walked down a busy street and thought of that. We don’t realize how very caught up in our lives we are, and we don’t think of sonder when looking at the other individuals walking with us.
Notice I am being very careful “how” I use this word in a sentence as I am honestly not sure what the plural is for the word or if it is plural in its vocabulary meaning alone. Just remember that to sonder is to speculate about the fact that we are just one of many on this earth.
After all, since we so rarely think this way, it is interesting to realize this. There is another way to think of it according to the meaning I have up at the top of the page. When we look at a doorway, there are also many other doorways to look at, and there is not just one of them either. This of course would be with anything, from what I can gather from the word’s definition.
It is also interesting to note that I found this word on google in an article titled, “32 of the top beautiful words in the English Language”.
I have a spell check built into this program and it is interesting to note that when I spell out sonder, the computer program claims it is spelled inaccurately. However, I can assure you it is a word, and I will be fascinated how you will use this word within your Poetry today.
Thank you so much for reading about Sonder today, and I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day.
- We are live with our Poetry now! What do I mean when I say this? Let’s say you wish to share a poem on twitter or facebook or google+ or by email or pin interest. You now can look for the header, Community Corner, and Scroll down and where you see the “Community Poetry” link, you can add your poem to the ones already up, and connect live to twitter, facebook, google+, and email, without logging into them separately. This site connects you live to all social media sites so you can log in and share your poetry here.!!
- Very soon, instead of doing announcements here, below the daily wisdom word post, you can look for announcements on the “Community Corner Page”. The Community Corner page has threads for 3 different Poetry subjects we can post comments to now. I am in the process of learning how to use these so I can act as the administrator on these and you all can begin to get to know each other. Membership is growing by the day, and it is so exciting to see my dream for you all coming true which is for you to have a safe, user friendly place to share your poetry.
- Comments are more important than ever right now, so please send any you might have to my personal email address if your a member. If your a member anyway, you may choose to let me know and use your comments section on this website which is what this area is for.
- The first Poetry Contest is getting closer, and I will start accepting submissions starting September 1, 2018. There will be a $5:00 charge to submit a poem and you may pay this with your paypal account on this website under the donate link which is directly under the contact link.
- Due to the high amount of interest in the Poetry Contest and the fact there are three judges, I am going to limit personal submissions to three per person of your best Poetry. We will be having other Poetry Contests coming up as well, so please save some for those contests, or plan on writing new material. The grand prize is $200.00 Visa Gift Card, and a Congratulatory Certificate.
- there are still glitches with this website we are working out, so let me know if you see any and keep me updated. This will be one of the largest Poetry, Book and Blogsites available to you on the web when it is finished, so please be patient.
Thanks so much, and I will look forward to your Poetry Submissions on this site for the word, Sonder since you can post directly to twitter from here. Please sign up on Daily Wisdom Words if you have not already done so so that you may post.