Today’s daily wisdom word is volatility. What creates this. kind of reaction, volatility? Volatility happens when a person has little or no control over their “reactions”. This personality trait occurs when someone reacts to anger, instead of responds. There is a big difference. When we are angry most of us do respond. Volatility occurs when we REACT without thinking. It is an indicator of a personality that sometimes can lead to violence. We will now take a look at the definition of volatility; first in our Webster Dictionary and then the daily wisdom words definition.
Webster definition of volatility-1. Liability to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse.
Daily Wisdom Words meaning of volatility-a reaction to anger that can escalate to physical and emotional abuse.
Someone who is emotionally volatile has a strong reaction to everything, even small things. Around these individuals regularly, it can feel very uncomfortable like you are walking on eggshells. It is hard to know what will set this person off. You don’t feel easy being around these people, because you do not know what will set them off. It is also hard to be vulnerable with them sharing your most intimate feelings. This can be a serious problem because without vulnerability one can’t be completely intimate with their partner. For example, volatile individuals, because they are easily triggered, can use your vulnerability as an actual weapon against you bringing it up at times to justify their anger.
The tiniest of things can set these individuals off. Even though we may love this person, we eventually will feel some form of wanting to escape this kind of relationship. You can simply be explaining how you’re feeling and volatile individuals will take this personally. Sometimes it is best to end the conversation to stop the triggering of this reaction. It may be best to avoid them altogether. A healthy, rounded individual who is in a relationship, takes time before responding in disagreements. Volatile individuals are not capable of doing this. One thing to look for is anxiety in an individual and a short fuse when anything remotely troubling is happening. I hope all people who read this will be weary of volatile individuals when delving into a serious relationship. They are also emotionally abusive which can escalate to physical violence.
Since volatility is one trait of abusers, there is often regret and apologies after they react instead of respond. Thanks so much for reading today about this. It is something often not seen until it is too late. Samantha Leboeuf/DWW I love comments and feedback. scroll down beneath this article after reading and “join the discussion”. I am available always to respond as soon as I am able. We also offer counseling to our members overseen by Dr. Shanni Dover, retired psychologist. Her articles are wonderful and she is also available from 3-6pm pacific time after she publishes it under our “Wise Advice” page every Sunday. She can direct you to our mental health advocates who are available via email and phone for appointments. Please take time to read the 10 reasons to join our Writers Community! We would love to have you be a part of our family.
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
1. Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
2. With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
3. Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
4. Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
5. Cost of Membership
6. LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
7. Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
8. Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover. also writes for DWW and may be able to help with referrals.
9. Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
10. being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.