Today we will talk about eternity and its meaning. We will figure out together whether or not eternity truly exists and what eternal life means. I often have wondered if eternity was a place or an amount of time. What I will do today is present you with some interesting facts and beliefs and it will hopefully help answer this difficult question. Let’s first take a look at the meaning of eternity in our Webster Dictionary.
Eternity-1. infinite or unending time. 2. a state to which time has no application-timelessness. 3. endless life after death. 4, used euphemistically to refer to death.
Daily Wisdom Words definition of eternity-an era that never ends. The place in which souls live.
We first will take a look at the meaning of eternity’s meaning when we refer to Christianity. Theists say that god is eternally existent. How this is understood depends on which definition of eternity is used. On one hand, God may exist in eternity. One other definition states that God exists outside the human concept of time, but also inside of time. If we are looking for a definition for eternity, the Bible references God being eternal. This means there is no past, present or future with eternity. There is no clock to look at. There is no human concept of time. If we wish to define eternity with a symbol, it is compared to the endless snake, swallowing its own tail, the ouroboros (or oroboros). The circle, band or ring is also commonly used as a symbol for eternity as is the mathematical symbol of infinity. Infinity is endless and eternity timeless.
I have taken such an interest in this since my sister passed away a little over a month ago. She believed in an older form of eternity found in nature or paganism. It is hard to understand why I never knew this about her when she was alive and found out about it only after she had passed away from her husband. I find it strange that I am able to write, and by the time I am at the end of my sentence I have answered my own question. I was so outspoken with my belief of Christianity in hopes it would shake her up or perhaps convince her in some way eternal life was only found by believing that Jesus was God’s son. If you believe that Jesus is God’s son, you will go to heaven. Heaven is described in the Bible as beautiful and yes, eternal without pain or disease.
I have now shared some facts and beliefs about eternity and eternal life. I want to know what thoughts you have about eternal life. Do you believe in eternal life? How do you personally describe eternity? It is a difficult question, and according to my research, we have an eternity to find the answer since eternity means timelessness. Thanks so much for reading about eternity today. Please scroll down beneath this post where i says, “Join the Discussion”, and let me know your thoughts and answers on my questions proposed to you about eternity. NOW, READ ABOUT $10 FOR A MEMBERSHIP WITH AT LEAST 10 REASONS TO BE A PART OF THE DAILY WISDOM WORDS WRITING COMMUNITY.
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
- Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
- With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
- Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
- Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
- Cost of Membership
- LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
- Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
- Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
- Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
- being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.