What makes a song a hit? What makes our daily wisdom word today, “music” special? What does it take? I have to be honest. In my opinion, there are very few songs today that compare to the pop or the many singers in rock like there once was. If I had to decide what makes a song, true music, the singer must have the ability to sing and raise or lower octaves, draw out notes. and have the right words to make it special. I have noticed more and more individuals of younger age are not into pop or rock. Since this article is going to be about opinion, in mine, “Whitney Houston” had it all. She could sing from Alto to Soprano, or sing a song and make the words within it mean “something”. She got her message across with her dance, her moves, her voice, the words, and so much more. I felt and still feel she is the greatest singer to grace us with her talents with her early music.
I think pop music by male artists compared in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s across the board as well. I remember the first time I heard Prince sing the music for Purple Rain, tears shot from my eyes! What makes particular music a hit? This is our question today. I not only believe that the music today is hard to dance to (unless current country songs), I feel it is hard to hear. The words often are not articulate in today’s music. You can hear the lyrics translating to the feeling and message in particular musical hits, pop, soft rock especially in songs that were hits in those days. Some songs have the ability to simply make us happy! I personally find happiness in the musical notes and words in the song, “We are Family” by Sister Sledge. I feel a happy feeling and want to dance all over the place hearing this song. Madonna has been such a big hit. Looking at her songs from my perspective, I never saw much in her singing. She was a good singer, and put out great music, winning many awards and rising to number one on the Billboards constantly so the majority of individuals don’t agree with me. Before continuing, Let’s see how the Webster Dictionary describes what music actually mean.
Webster Dictionary Meaning of Music-1. The science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity. 2 Vocal, instrumental or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony.
Daily Wisdom Words Definition for music-a series of chords, notes and words blending together which appeals to a wide range audience.
If you read the Webster Definition, it is pretty difficult to make music, especially the kind that appeals to a wide range audience. Yet, those that succeed create beautiful art and music indeed. I would love to know your opinion what makes music a flop or a hit? Is it the voice? The words? The tune? or a combination of brilliance of all of it? Thanks for reading today. Please think about the above questions and leave your comments in the “join the discussion” section beneath this post. Can’t wait to respond to your comments.
PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THE TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR FAMILY !!
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
- Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
- With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
- Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
- Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
- Cost of Membership
- LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
- Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
- Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
- Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
- being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.