Do you smile often?
I know for myself, I don’t smile as often as I should. I don’t know if this has to do with not being happy, or just not showing it. You would think at 55 years of age I would have this figured out. According to what I’ve read, there are as many as ten reasons to smile! If you are like me, they may surprise you. This article will take a look at the benefits of smiling and how to fake it till you make it if you don’t smile as often as you should. First, we will take a look at a few of the benefits of smiling and its meaning.
1. Smiling will elevate your mood. How does it do this? It produces extra endorphins. There has been a strong link found with people who smile all the time and those who don’t. Health, longevity are affected positively with people who smile. it also affects neural impulses positively in our brain.
2. Smiling makes us attractive to others and draws them to you including physical attraction.
3. Smiling relieves stress. It not only relieves our stress, but when we smile, others stress around us.
4. Smiling is contagious. It only takes one genuine smile to affect many others positively.
5. Smiling boosts the immune system. It literally helps our immune system to function more effectively. it is thought when you smile, immune function improves because you are more relaxed.
6. Smiling lowers your blood pressure!! If you have a blood pressure monitor, give it a try. Take your blood pressure. then, smile one minute and retest. You will see that your blood pressure is slightly lovwer.
7. Smiling makes us feel good. Studies have shown, smiling does release endorphins, natural painkillers, and serotonin. When combined, these three neurotransmitters make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug!
So, SMILE, everyone!! Thanks so much for reading about this daily wisdom word. Samantha Leboeuf
Join Daily Wisdom Words, an all inclusive writing community for Authors, Poets, Songwriters, Bloggers and quoting. It can cost as little as a $10 one-time fee for a basic membership giving you the assurance of counseling, and positive articles, Poetry prompts, music prompts with a live host!!