OFTEN TIMES IN LIFE, A DOOR WILL CLOSE WHEN IT IS SUPPOSED TO. WHEN I SEE A DOOR, I think of what it signifies; opening and closing. Depending on our awareness level, we may not even realize a new door has opened, but every opportunity we receive, a new door opening stands for. Often, we don’t recognize the opportunities when they occur in our life. What we do notice are the opportunities that we view as lost ones.
Most of us have heard the saying, “when one door closes, another one opens. It is important in life to be grateful for the good things that happen to us. If we have an attitude of gratitude, we can be thankful for doors which open for us long before we notice doors closing. It is sad, that we seem to notice closed doors, or opportunities ending, more than we do. It occured to me as I wrote this, my sister always had an “attitude of gratitude” and when she started to feel sorry for herself, she often stopped feeling this way by creating a “gratitude list”.
If I had been thankful for each day I had with her and treated each day as a “gift” it was, I would have recognized the”open door” she offered every day she lived. These are gifts in our life signifying meaning and wisdom or those people we care about or love. Every day I had her, I should have enjoyed the “open door” of her life. It is too late for that now, but her advice and voice I still hear in my mind. So very often, what she shared with me was brilliant.” When the door closed, (her death), I certainly recognized that. I should have been more present and aware while she was living, being thankful for each moment shared with her. We take for granted an open door and reminisce over closed doors too often.
Let us take a look at a partial definition in the Webster Dictionary for a door.
Webster Dictionary for door-a revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or or vehicle, or in the framework of a cupboard, an “OPEN DOORWAY”.
Daily Wisdom Words Definition of Door-a vehicle used as an analogy for moving in or out of new opportunity and opportunities ending.
No new door opening will ever replace my sister and her life. No matter how busy she was, if anyone needed her, she gave the time needed to help them even when she struggled to help herself. She knew the meaning of an open door recognizing its significance. When she moved away from the gratitude she felt for a new opportunity, she made a gratitude list to continually remind her that new doors can open or close at any time. Appreciating an “open door” or new opportunity was just one of her many gifts she bestowed to all. It is truly sad when we don’t realize enough the opportunities God presents to us, until it is too late.
Thank you for reading. Samantha LeBoeuf
please visit our website to join our international writing community at https://www.dailywisdomwords.com Leave me a comment beneath this article.
It means so much, providing another viewpoint or substantial insight I may miss you may offer.
Get your poetry entries in today! $4 per entry-up to five entries accepted.
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS!
SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!! PLEASE VISIT WEBSITE TO JOIN AT: HTTPS://WWW.DAILYWISDOMORDS.COM
- Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
- With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
- Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
- Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
- Cost of Membership
- LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
- Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
- Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
- Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
- being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.