I am going to discuss tension, its definition and ways to get rid of it. Tension is a symptom of stress, and can bring on things such as migraines, irritability and anxiety. Lets take a look at the definition of tension from the Webster Dictionary and the daily wisdom words definition to enhance the Webster meaning.
Webster definition of tension-1. The state of being stretched tight. 2. A strained state or condition resulting from forces acting in opposition to each other
Daily Wisdom Word meaning of tension-a part of feeling anxious or stressed; a feeling of stress within our neck area and other areas in our body.
What can we do to get rid of tension? The first thing recommended is to meditate and this only takes about 15 minutes once you train your mind to do it. 2. Deep breathing. I know with myself, this is extremely helpful. I suffer with an anxiety disorder and I can feel it in my stomach and also have a feeling of mental discomfort. 3. take five minutes and focus on only one behavior with awareness. Notice the little things like being in a comfortable chair, feeling the air on you as you walk or focus on the sound of the walking itself. Tension often comes on when we are focusing too deeply on problems and breaking them down into a bunch of little issues. Anxiety issues can come on as well from the exact opposite reasons; not getting enough exercise, rest or eating properly. Women who are active do need some carbohydrates that are good for you. This creates a release of serotonin in the brain and attributes to calmness.
I notice tension and anxiety as well as stress can be not releasing the inner valve inside you that can be like a tea kettle getting ready to blow as it boils or a pot with a tight lid that simply boils over. What else can we do? According to an article I found on the Web-MD website, we can reach out. Our social network can be one of the best ways to cope with stress. Share how you feel with a friend preferably face to face. This can help you organize the thoughts that overwhelm you and put some semblance and order towards them.
Try being present. Oftentimes our brain is like a broken record focusing on the past and the things we would change if we could, or the future that isn’t here yet. Have you ever noticed that the amount of worry in your mind about an upcoming project or event, when you actually are doing it and complete it, looking back you wonder why you were so worried to begin with. When you’re feeling stress and anxiety, become more aware of your body. Isolate individual parts of it and focus on your breathing and releasing the internal valve mentioned above. Another way to relieve stress and tension? Laugh out loud. Have a good belly laugh! This will relieve some of the anxiety and produce the feel good chemical, endorphins in the brain which is our pleasure transmitter.
Hopefully these are good ideas for you and trying them will result in success. There is nothing like a power walk or run to help as well if these methods don’t work. Thanks so much for reading and have a great day! Samantha/DWW
Please take time to read about the ten reasons for $10 lifetime membership to our writing community!
Ten reasons to join our Writer’s Community!
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
- Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
- With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
- Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
- Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
- Cost of Membership
- LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
- Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
- Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
- Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
- being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.