“There’s no such thing as a free lunch.”

-Traditional proverb

It’s often said that in any endeavor of life, you need to give something to get something.

In business seminars the most popular motto is “you have to spend money to make money.”

But sometimes I wonder, where do you set the limit? To what extent do you sacrifice things to achieve your dreams?

Personally, I feel you should keep “investing” in your dream until you come across two roadblocks:

  1. You’ve given 99% of what you have, be it money, be it time or anything else. That remaining 1% of ANYTHING should always be kept at all costs as it will serve as the springboard to bounce back. Retaining that last portion will also serve as a reminder that you’re working to get control of your dreams and not the other way around.
  2. You reach a point where you’ll have to sacrifice your principles. If you do indeed do that, your values will never be the same again no matter what happens afterwards. For example, there are cases of even sadistic murderers in prison who find go on to change for the better. But no amount of change can erase their crimes.

There is no denying that to attain victory in any endeavor, you have to give up time and energy and must be fully dedicated to the endeavor.

But the two ideologies alluded to should always be kept locked away and safe. You never know when you’ll need them at the final crossroads of life.

Have you made some big sacrifices to get where you are today? If so, do you feel it was worth it? Join this discussion by commenting below.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share the good news. Tell someone about us today. Follow us on Twitter.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x