Today we will talk about a new daily wisdom word I bumped into called futurism. Futurism is a fairly term I was not able to find in my Webster Dictionary version. so for today’s definition, I summed up its meaning used to convey all new medical news, technology and world events. I thought with COVID-19 being current event, we should explore the upcoming and current events today. It appears the United States of America is behind in medical news. In Japan, futurism with wearing a mask seems to have happened in that country years ago. However, we are so concerned with our “civil liberties”, we forget that not only with the mask protect ourselves, but also protects others from ourselves. If we look at this, from the standpoint of simple respect, and how many additional individuals have died needlessly because of these “civil liberties”, it is no wonder we have gotten priorities mixed up.
In my world, I hate masks. I used to be a person who hugged others immediately when meeting them, but I realize for their health safety and my own, futurism has been established. The proof is in the research itself. If we wish to have no concern for others, fine. We should simply stay away from social events altogether. I know it does affect local small businesses and restaurants and their amount of business. I think it is important to realize this will not be forever. There are already some bio-research pharmaceutical companies in phase three of clinical trials. Once a vaccine is available and proven SAFE, we can resume life as we once knew it. however, facts and research are just too strong to fight this or take the risk for ourselves and others.
I think it makes it more difficult for us with this being an election year. In my book, actions have always spoken much louder than words. When we have a world leader who does not demonstrate actions, even though his words have changed, we still often see our President without a mask. Make your choices for yourself. Putting others at risk is simply not safe nor a viable option in our future today.
Thanks so much for reading. Beneath this post, is a “join the discussion” area for you to comment on your thoughts, disagreements and anything else you would like to share. Samantha LeBoeuf/DWW
LAST MONTH FOR $10 ONE TIME FEE MEMBERSHIP DUES FOR A WHILE! WE HAVE SO VERY MUCH TO OFFER TO ALL WRITERS, AND YES, READERS. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE 10 DIFFERENT REASONS TO JOIN OUR WRITERS COMMUNITY.
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
1. Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
2. With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
3. Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
4. Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
5. Cost of Membership
6. LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
7. Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
8. Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
9. Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
10. being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.