Let us first take a look at the meaning of advantages in our Webster Dictionary-1. the quality of having a superior or more favorable position. 2. Benefit resulting from some event or action
Daily Wisdom Word Meaning of Advantages-1. The situation in ones life that places them in a situation which set things up in life to be just a little easier.
Depending where you live, what your socioeconomic status is, ETC., you may have advantages. For instance, if you live in the United States, There is a lower poverty rate than that of most countries. This is clearly an advantage.
When I was growing up, our neighbors next store, had advantages. They had more money then we did, nicer things such as clothes to wear to school, money to spend for lunch and extras, and many things such as a nicer car, (in fact they had two of them.) Their Christmases were elaborate. I can still see every year the thousands of decorations they would put up in the house creating a Winter Wonderland, but there was one thing they didn’t always have, and that was happiness.
Happiness is not always created by having advantages in this lifetime. Why? Because advantages does not guarantee happiness. It just creates an easier lifestyle. Advantages, such as being physically stronger than others, a major league baseball player verses an average one, does not mean these people will be happier than those of us who do not have advantages in the areas we would like them to be in. Some people are physically more attractive than others, giving them an advantage with others, but on the inside, they tend to be more insecure, because they are terrified to lose those looks. As we get older, we eventually say goodbye to youth, and envy others with it, or we are content.
My main point in writing on advantages today, is to get across the point that even if you have advantages, it does not make sure your also happy. Happiness comes from within and advantages are not always going to bring about the inside depth needed to find real happiness.
Growing up, our family was poor because I have two other sisters and a brother meaning more mouths to feed on someone who worked doing construction in a one-income family. We ate lots of hamburgers and hotdogs and off brands and hand me downs, while the neighbors had new clothes, two working parents, and so much more. They didn’t have one thing we had, however and that was the happiness and cohesiveness of a family unit. There was lots of fighting in that household as I witnessed when staying the night over there as they had two daughters close to my age.
Advantages are wonderful, but they don’t always bring us happiness. An attitude of gratitude for what advantages you do have is key. Thank you for reading about advantages today with me.
Have a beautiful and blessed day.
- PETER’S WEEKEND MUSIC PROMPT WILL BE HELD ON TWITTER. THIS WILL BE AS FUN AS USUAL, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THE PAGE IS NOT YET DONE FOR PETER.
- QUELLY’S BLOG PAGE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF BEING DESIGNED. WE WILL HAVE ALL OF THESE FEATURES AVAILABLE TO US WHEN THE WEBSITE IS FINISHED. THIS COULD GO ON, ALONG WITH THE GLITCHES FOR ANOTHER MONTH OR SO. PLEASE CONTINUE TO BE PATIENT. IT WILL BE WORTH IT.
- DAILY WISDOM WORDS IS A PRIVATE PAGE AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS ONLY TO READ. IF YOU DON’T HAVE ACCESS TO IT, THAT IS THE REASON WHY.
- MATT, THE IT DESIGNER, IS OFFERING A 5% DISCOUNT TO ANYONE WHO IS NEEDING TO HAVE A WEBPAGE BUILT.
- YOU MAY NOTICE YOU HAVE A MINI-FACEBOOK APP. YOU CAN REQUEST FRIENDSHIPS WITH OTHER MEMBERS, VIEW MEMBERS, SEND MESSAGES, AND EVEN WRITE ON THEIR WALL. THIS IS A NEW FEATURE AND SHOULD ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO CREATE NEW FRIENDSHIPS WITH ONE ANOTHER, BECAUSE YOU ALL HAVE ONE THING IN COMMON: YOUR POETS AND WRITERS.