False idols are more common than most of us would like to admit. Idols surround us. Perhaps it is a music band we worship. Perhaps it is a person we are in a relationship with we think is an idol. Eventually the sad truth about idols, is usually they are no better that ourselves. We go through different stages in our lives and it is easy to get lonely and yes, sometimes lost. This is when you are most likely to consciously or subconsciously most susceptible to idols, false or real. There are of course, very talented individuals out there and if you are vulnerable, that talent when targeted with attention in your direction can gobble you for dinner. Before going any further, let us take a look at the definition of idols. 1. An image or representation of a god used as an object of worship. 2. A person or thing that is greatly admired, loved or revered.
Daily Wisdom Words Definition of idols-the things or individuals admired on a higher level than ourselves. It is easy under the right circumstances for a false idol to feel real.
Idols can also be known as superstars. We may see someone in the olympics and cannot imagine what they are doing is ever something we could even attempt. Many of us do worship idols when the first definition of idol is a god, (notice, not capitalized, or his work worshipped). The next way I describe idols will fall along these lines. Let us cover Scientology. Scientology was originally developed by Ron Hubbard as part of a cartoon series he was working on. He saw how people were taking a deep interest in his work because he did not believe in psychiatry. In fact, L. Ron Hubbard viewed worshipping gods a fairytale unless it was him and his way of belief. I am sharing with you what I have heard about “Scientology” and it is scary. When a person makes a commitment in scientology, they should be financially well off. Scientology is based on levels. This of course, is taught by other Scientologists who will go to whatever means necessary to see you continue on this journey. First, you will sign a contract committing yourself to a billion years to Scientology and its beliefs. Second, you will be taught about suppressive people. These individuals are described as having a different belief system then you’ve signed on to have, and whether they are family or not, it doesn’t matter. If you have truly made this full commitment to scientology, eventually you will see why you cannot spend time with these relatives or friends, because them holding a different set of beliefs, could cause you to run back into the world you came out of.
Scientology is hard work. Because you invest your time, finances and money into scientology, you are part of that family now. Some people who have been searching for direction are happy with this. Some are not. Often those that aren’t happy find it is too late to back out of scientology the deeper or higher level you have committed to. You very well may read this and be a scientologist. This is not a “religious organization as much as it is an overwhelming replacement for what life you were leading. It is easy to be manipulated in believing in the false idol, L. Ron Hubbard when if there is any detection you may be pulling away from scientology, an e-meter is used to determine which questions you react to the strongest. These questions are then isolated and until the e-meter auditor has determined you have moved past the issue you may be having, you will be asked to repeat this exercise. Scientology and other forms of it are easy to fall into in Las Angeles. Lets face it. Tom Cruise, and John Travolta appear to have their life together. It is easy to falsely idolize them, hence idolize scientology. What the average member doesn’t know is that Tom Cruise and John Travolta are treated much differently than the average member and it takes the average members donations and psychological contribution to keep movie stars very happy in every way treating them to amazing vacations, acting as a buffer between fans or suppressive individuals and in general treat them to a lavish lifestyle which people like them would expect. For many years Ron Hubbard has been gone. David Miscavige now takes lead on all and every aspect of scientology and is the number one man. It is important to note that not only do many members idolize Tom Cruise but their idol has also become wanting the same lifestyle these celebrities live in that others find so attractive and worth worshipping. It is easy to buy into the principals of an organization like thins and fall prey to the doctrine being taught. So many have and have given their freedom away the day they signed over their lives for one billion years. Idols have been around for a very long time.
When you find yourself moving towards something or someone very quickly when this is not your usual habit pattern, be careful. This is a door the other party sees as wide open and they don’t even need the key. Be careful who/what you are worshipping.
THANKS SO MUCH, SAMANTHA LEBOEUF
Please take the time to read: 10 reasons why you should join daily wisdom words-last few days, $10 for a lifetime
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
1. Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
2. With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
3. Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
4. Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
5. Cost of Membership
6. LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
7. Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
8. Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
9. Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
10. being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.