Do you have self-discipline? This article will cover the meaning of self-discipline that can apply to all areas of your life. I am going through a stage where self discipline is lacking inside me. Self-discipline is about routine. The only way self-discipline works for us is if we establish a routine. It takes 21 days of doing something consistently to develop a routine. Self-discipline is at the heart of this. We need to strengthen self-discipline with baby steps. It takes just one small step to begin a series of steps to reach a goal but you must develop self-discipline or tap into it to get to a place to take those steps.
Let’s take a look at the meaning of self-discipline in our Webster Dictionary and daily wisdom words meaning.
Self-discipline-Correction or regulation of oneself for the sake of improvement.
Daily Wisdom Words Definition-acceptance of our faults and who we are and working off positive affirmation to develop self-discipline.
It is quite simple. When we “hate” ourselves for eating too much or putting things off, we need to accept this is just as much a part of yourself as loving yourself and making positive changes. Not only do you need to believe in yourself, you need to center yourself to be around people that support what it is you are trying to achieve. Many people believe self-discipline starts with will power. This may work for a few of us, but that will-power must come from somewhere. If we cannot think well of ourselves, will-power is hard to develop. How do we change?
1. we must start change with our own self-talk. Shaming ourselves may work to begin with but ultimately leads to failure. If we don’t feel good about ourselves bad self-talk leads to poor self-discipline.
2. accept yourself for who you are. This includes our weaknesses and our strengths. This takes time and change of self-talk, and small steps leading to ultimately winning the race.
3. Do written affirmations. Sit down and write over and over again what makes you unique and special. Then write over and over again, visualizing success of the goal or change you seek to achieve.
4. Start with getting on a schedule of some kind. I believe those people that develop a schedule, starts the beginning of self-discipline.
5. always surround yourself with people who correlate positive self-talk and encouragement.
Thanks so much for reading about self-discipline today. Start with this: YOU CAN DO IT. YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL AND YOU DO LOVE YOURSELF, STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES AS WELL. Last but not least, if you do fall, get back up, dust yourself off and keep moving towards your goals through your positive self-discipline.
Samantha LeBoeuf/DWW Please take a moment and look at the ten reasons why you should become a member of daily wisdom words in our last month of offering a lifetime membership for just $10.
TEN REASONS TO BECOME A MEMBER OF DAILY WISDOM WORDS! SIGNING UP IS EASY. SIMPLY VISIT OUR WEBSITE AND FOLLOW ANY OF THE “BECOME A MEMBER” BOXES BY CLICKING ON ONE AND SIGNING UP. THE COST TO JOIN IS EITHER $20.00 FOR 20 YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP OR: FIVE DOLLARS WITH THREE DOLLAR DUES PER MONTH. THE LATTER MEMBERSHIP MAY BE CANCELLED AT ANY TIME WITH 30 DAYS NOTICE. TWO WAYS, TWO OPTIONS PERFECT FOR YOUR NEEDS!!
- Personal Social Media Profile. This is step one after joining. Take your time. Build your social media page. Upload photos/videos of your personal work and a clear mini-resume. This creates credibility with your followers and readers and also, YOU!
- With a DWW membership, you will have the resources to become successful or enjoy a more successful writing career. The social media profile you have created may be shared by tweeting FROM our website, https://www.dailywisdomwords.com, and you may also share with twitter and facebook FROM our website as well. Soon, you will also have this option with instagram too! This is a powerful tool allowing you the ability to enjoy your membership while actively participating still with other social media sites.
- Poetry and Writing strengthens literary skills using both the left and right side of the brain.
- Online Store. We offer you things such as discounted Book Reviews, (we read every word of your book). The book reviews are detailed and compelling. We also offer “Custom Poetry” as well as our first Daily Wisdom Words Anthology written containing poetry from our staff and members. Custom poetry is the perfect gift for you if your looking for a gift for the loved one who is hard to shop for, or has a special occasion coming up. question form for you to fill out telling your personal poet what makes your loved one so special. You then will send this to your personal poet who will call you to set up a 30 minute phone interview. We want your “Custom Poetry” to be perfect for your loved one whether it be for an anniversary, birthday, Retirement, Christmas Present, or any other occasion. We will then write the poetry for you and you will receive a call and email where you let us know if this is exactly what you were looking for. We then edit any changes for you. This gift is nominal, because it is so unusual and unique. It can run up to $195 depending on the frame, font and length of poem. However, your loved one will appreciate it forever and there is no better feeling than this or better investment.
- Cost of Membership
- LIVE prompts to have fun and encourage/strengthen writing skills on Mon. Wed, Fri. challenging writer’s intellectually.
- Community Writing Page available anytime to all writers to post their poetry or latest book release.
- Counseling available to members with Mental Health Advocates-Mental Health Advocates are not licensed therapists. They however, can give excellent advice and listen. They can refer you to the Director of this program as well, retired Psychologist, Dr. Shanni Dover.
- Daily Wisdom Words donates a small percentage of proceeds above overhead to UNICEF for children.
- being able to network/friend others like you OR join in forums that have topics that interest you. You may also start your own forum. Share your writing with others on “Community Corner”, aka Community Writing Page.